Full-Time Coordinator of Student Activities
POSITION: Full-Time Coordinator of Student Activities: Coordinator of Student Activities; Student Life Department; Haverhill Campus; 37.5 hours/week, MCCC/MTA Unit Professional Position; Pay Grade 5
SUMMARY: Create a vibrant campus community, and increase a sense of belonging on dual campuses through collaboration with the campus community.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of all aspects of student activities programming at the College, and other areas as needed.
- Maintain a well-rounded student activities program that provides social, educational, recreational and cultural programs for all students.
- Recruit students to participate in all aspects of activity planning, and assist students in all matters relating to activities programming.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new initiatives that will enhance the relationship between the students, faculty, and staff; and facilitate student engagement and retention.
- Support Student Life large scale programing and initiatives, including New Student Orientation and developing and executing of the student life programming model.
- Counsel student club leadership on the creation of inclusive environments and leadership activities, and' provide ongoing training and counsel to student clubs.
- Oversee and advice student organizations and their faculty/staff advisors ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures for student organizations/clubs.
- Coordinate and advise the NECC Student Government Association (formerly-Student Senate); advise leaders on methods and process.
- Design and implement leadership development programming, including coordination of the NECC chapter of the National Society of Leadership & Success (NSLS) program.
- Plan and coordinate annual student leadership conference.
- Identify local, state, and national conferences for student leaders to attend, making travel arrangements, escorting students and serve as advisor and college representative. .
- Maintain a visible presence on campus
- Some evening and weekend hours may be necessary, employee will receive compensation per the MCCC contract.
- Remain current on research and current trends in Student Development. Serve on committees as directed. Other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, supervise, train, and hire for student work study
- The Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specsmccc/Coordinator of Student Activities - HB 1116.doc
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, or related field required,
- Two (2) years full-time professional work experience in Higher Education Student Affairs or similar setting required.
- Must be energetic, team oriented and have enthusiasm for student activities and working with students.
- Must have the ability to relate to and work collaboratively with students, faculty and staff and be creative and innovative in delivery of services.
- Ability to train and assist students in their development; understanding of group dynamics and ability to work effectively with groups.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current technology such as: WordPress, Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Access), Prezi, and various forms of social media.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- SCT Banner systems a plus
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse population
: Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
Additional Information:GRADE AND SALARY:
Anticipated salary range is $58,320 to $65,219 annually with complete fringe benefit package. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits. Actual salary calculated in compliance with MCCC/MTA classification system. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.ANTICIPATED START DATE
Application Instructions:TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover Letter, describing your qualifications and experience
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ firstname.lastname@example.org), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/cleryTo apply, click HERE
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.