Please carefully read the following instructions before beginning your application.
Please complete any desired updates to your Job Profile in advance of completing and submitting your application. If completed prior to applying, this information will populate the application sections below (Job History, Education, Languages, and Skills). You will be asked to upload a copy of your resume and cover letter in the Resume / Cover Letter section. A resume and cover letter is required to apply; updating your job profile is optional. Once your application has been submitted, you will not be able to return later to add or change documents.
Job Posting Title
General Service Worker #17, (Temp) Tower Kitchen
Job Description Summary
General Service Worker #17, (Temp)
Location: Tower Kitchen
Days Off: Friday and Saturday
Hours: Sunday 10:15 am -7:15 pm Tuesday - Thursday 10:45 am 7:45 pm (40 hours)
Hourly Rate: $18.83
Weekly Rate: $753.20
The General Service Worker is an entry level position responsible for a variety of duties pertaining to the set-up, delivery and serving of food based on facility needs. A General Service Worker adheres to standards of service as established by the operation. They maintain kitchen work areas and equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
The primary responsibility of a General Service Worker is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. They communicate and interact with customers in a professional manner. Other responsibilities include the loading and unloading of the dishmachine and the transfer of clean dishware to designated areas, washing pots and pans, removing trash and garbage to designated areas, assisting with special events, prep work which may include preparation of fruits and vegetables, and general cleaning. The General Service Worker may also be setting up the serving line, finish hot food placement, and be responsible for dessert and bread service. The General Service Worker is required to participate in other duties as assigned by manager or cook on duty. Lastly, the General Service Worker will comply with all state and local food service regulations, including practicing ServSafe and NSF standards.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to use chemicals required in daily cleaning.
- Must have basic knife skills
- Ability to read and comprehend basic English required.
- Uniforms as furnished by department.
- Hair Restraint as required in College-Union Agreement.
- Meal Breaks as assigned by management
- All employees hired are strongly encouraged to be up to date with all vaccination and boosters against COVID-19
Wellesley College offers a wide variety of benefits programs and resources to its employees! Dining Services work is guaranteed for the academic year but year-round work is available . As a Dining Services staff member these are just some of the amazing benefits you'll receive:
- Competitive wages regularly scheduled wage increases.
- An excellent benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance.
- Free uniform and work shoes, free meals while working, and free parking! Our beautiful campus is easily accessible from all major roadways.
- Paid vacations, personal days, sick time, and holidays.
- Retirement savings plan with contributions from the College after one year of employment.
- Continuing training and opportunities for promotion and growth.
- Tuition and education benefits.
- Free use of the athletic/fitness facilities, and opportunities to attend campus events.
Apply and take your first step towards joining the Wellesley College's team!Worker Sub-Type
Full timeEEO Statement
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply
This job has expired.