Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position. This position can be based in any of the following office locations: Phoenix, AZ / Minneapolis, MN / Atlanta, GA.
Government Consulting Senior Analyst - Financial
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to add value as part of the Government Human Services Consulting practice, which focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country.
- You will work closely with a team of dedicated consultants, clinicians actuaries, analysts, accountants, and pharmacists across our offices.
We will count on you to:
- Top benefits - generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even time off for community service!
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, while working for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- You will have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative, which coordinates company volunteer events to encourage employees to give back to our community.
- We provide opportunities to participate in our mentor program, as well as participate in networking with other colleagues in our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - Mercer Cares (community involvement), PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network!
- You will have the opportunity to grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives
- You will participate in a mentorship program with veteran consultants that have years of experience in the consulting industry
What you need to have:
- Perform comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software
- Analyze and interpret various types of health care data including claims data, encounter data, and financial reports
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Assist in researching, strategizing and implementing client solutions
- Gain an understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels to meet and exceed client demands and deadlines
- Collaborate with a focused group of colleagues on smaller team based assignments with opportunities to participate in larger scale client and industry projects
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years of industry or related experience
- Proficiency with MS Excel or similar programs
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and take initiative
- Proficiency with MS Access and MS PowerPoint
To learn more about Mercer GHSC, visit us at https://www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.