Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
Sets grade stakes to guide earth moving equipment operators in sloping highways and fill embankments, using measuring instruments and handtools.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Reads survey stakes along highway right-of-way to determine grade specification for embankment.
- Measures horizontally and vertically, in specified ratio, from survey stake to juncture of embankment and initial excavation, using survey rod and eye level.
- Sets grade stakes, using hatchet, and chalk-marks excavation reference points on stake.
- Repeats measuring and staking at specified intervals to form horizontal stakeline along embankment.
- Observes excavating activities to verify conformance to stake references and notifies equipment operators or supervisor of deviations.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Appropriate training and experience required
Workers should be able to:
- Look at blueprints, drawings, or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects with height, width, or depth
- Evaluate information using measurable standards
- Attain set standards of accuracy
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often
- Make judgements from experience or factual data
- Follow safety measures
- Work within precise limits of accuracy.
Physically, workers must be able to:
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Climb and maintain body balance
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Use hands and fingers fully
- See well (naturally or with correction) and have good depth perception
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.