Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of buildings, water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is growing! We're seeking a Graduate Scientist/Geologist and/or an Environmental Field Technician to work with our contamination, assessment, and remediation (CAR) group based out of our Tulsa, OK office. The CAR group offers a wide variety of projects such as spill response, soil and groundwater assessments, environmental remediation, as well as routine monitoring and sampling. This role is a "hands on" field position which requires some travel throughout the region.
Responsibilities of this position will be but are not limited to:
In this role you'll be expected to:
- Performing the inspection, maintenance, and sampling of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Ensuring work is completed in a safe and compliant manner with respect to applicable OSHA, GHD and client standards.
- Generating litigation quality field notes and enter collected field data electronically to database programs.
- Corresponding with certified laboratories and managing the shipping of collected samples.
- Performing site inspections and collection of assessment field data including soil, water, and air.
- Operations and maintenance, troubleshooting and oversight of remedial equipment.
- Working directly with clients and contractors.
- Assisting with multi-discipline assessment and remediation projects.
- Effectively working with key technical specialists, project team members, and delivery managers
- Prepare, plan, and analyze/review technical studies, documents, and reports.
- Report writing to document field activities and investigation findings
- Develop working relationships with state and federal agency staff, and community leaders/stakeholders.
- 25-50% overnight travel.
- Be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to perform field work and travel overnight
- Must be self-motivated, organized, hard-working, and have strong written and technical skills
- Ability to excel in both a multidisciplinary team environment as well as independently
- Commitment to safety utilizing a behavior based safety (BBS) culture in all aspects of the job
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Science or related field, from an accredited university preferred
- 0 to 2+ years of experience
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
We offer a professional, yet welcoming, culture based on our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Safety, and Integrity. We also provide accelerated professional development through hands-on experience, mentorship, and training via our GHD Business School.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
This job has expired.