Graphic Designer - Housing Information & Marketing
Housing Information & Marketing
As part of the Housing Information & Marketing team, the Graphic Designer is responsible for managing creative elements of marketing campaigns while leading, creating, and designing digital and print assets that accurately inform, entertain, and engage our audiences. These promotional communications help University Housing achieve and maintain full occupancy in residence halls and apartments and contribute to increasing meal plan sales. The position will support the operations and activities of University Housing, as well as enrich its visual identity. This position will showcase the broad scope of University Housing including dining halls, boutique restaurants, graduate student and family housing, undergraduate housing, facilities, human resources, student groups, events, and more. All University Housing staff will engage and contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within University Housing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and produce designed materials for University Housing marketing efforts including web pages, posters, environmental graphics, social media assets, email elements, advertising, storytelling, digital signage, and more.
- Deliver design support that balances function, aesthetic, and brand alignment needs.
- Help strategize and design web mockups for pages, features, and/or elements while working closely with the marketing and Student Affairs Technology teams.
- Stay up to date on current trends that involve design for web, print, mobile, desktop, and tablet applications.
- Help ensure University Housing design efforts meet campus wide brand standards.
- Provide strategic direction to improve and maintain modern standards of information architecture and design strategy across a variety of platforms, including website, email, social media, mobile applications, interactive displays and using StarRez, University Housing's student housing management software solution.
- Interact with others as a creative problem solver and contribute unique ideas for strategic marketing initiatives.
- Help to ensure accuracy and consistency of information including print materials, web content, and social media.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a diverse, high-paced, team-based environment.
- Support the array of general marketing activities including but not limited to assisting with web initiatives, photography, videography, social media, events, and other diverse duties.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that can include multiple interruptions, and short turnaround times.
- Provide leadership to the creative team that includes full-time Communication and Marketing staff and part-time students.
- Work as a collaborative team member with Housing units and end-users, Housing Information & Marketing team members, technical team members, and serve as a liaison to Student Affair Technology Shared Services.
- Supervise and mentor part-time student interns.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
- ne (1) year (12 months) of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related professional area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master's degree in graphic design, communications, marketing, advertising, or related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Three years of experience in digital graphic design or closely related work.
- Experience with email and web design, working within a CMS, and digital accessibility standards.
Experience in UI/UX principles and best practices.
- Ability to create engaging graphics for social media.
- Experience in a in a multi-client, multi-project graphic design environment.
- History of mentoring student staff or interns.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience in designing for the web.
- Experience in print design.
- Understanding of digital content marketing and digital content strategy best practices.
- Understanding of best practices for accessible design in digital environments.
- Ability to communicate design concepts to staff without formal design training.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5004 - Marketing Associate position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date. The starting salary for this position $50,000, and the salary is commensurate with experience. This position may request a hybrid home/office working environment.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx . Application Procedures & Deadline Information Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. When submitting your application, please provide a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references with their phone numbers and email addresses. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Requisition ID
: 1016163 Job Category
: Administrative Apply at: