College Board - Technology
About the Team
The Cyber Defense & Vulnerability Threat Management teams are critical to the strategic foundation for delivery of our products, most notably the secure delivery of our new Digital SAT and AP programs beginning in March of 2023. We are a highly motivated group of cyber security experts who take a proactive approach to ensuring a strong security posture. We partner across the organization to mature our Threat management and Incident Response procedures and are constantly seeking and experimenting with new technologies. We are currently using a variety of cutting edge tools that provide comprehensive cyber security operations for the College Board's critical infrastructure in support of the College Board's mission to connect students to college success and opportunity.
About the Opportunity
As the Head of Cyber Defense & Threat Management, you will serve as a trusted advisor to the CISO and formulate both short term tactical plans to solve immediate security threats as well as developing long term strategic roadmaps. You are a highly effective leader who will continue enhancing our overall security posture in efforts to protect against growing and evolving threats. You will beimplementing and executing security and compliance frameworks, policies, and controls in a fast-paced environment. You will lead a team of security professionals maintaining corporate wide cyber security operations for the College Board's mission-critical on-prem and cloud environments, including:
- Monitoring & Analysis
- Cyber Incident Handling
- Threat Hunting
- Rapid Threat Assessments
- Vulnerability Management
- Malware & Forensic Analysis
- Red & Blue Team functions
- Plan, direct, and manage the day-to-day activities across the Cyber Defense and Vulnerability Management teams.
- Maintain situational awareness of escalated events and alerts, tools status, vulnerability status, forensics and malware investigations, intelligence status, and all other core SOC functions
- Develop and maintain a proactive security incident response program across multiple environments including on-prem and cloud environments
- Develop a long-term vision and roadmap
- Evaluate, develop, and report on metrics demonstrating the effectiveness of programs
- Participate in security incident response activities as appropriate
- Maintain relevant policies, procedures, playbooks, and other documentation
- Provide oversight on the management and strategy of cyber security operations for the defense, detection, and response to sophisticated cyber threats
- Maintain significant knowledge of cyber threat vectors, attack methodologies and mitigation/remediation methods
- Maintain and mature a network deception program
- Maintain and mature a best-in-class vulnerability management and attack surface management program
- Maintain and mature a best-in-class threat intelligence capability
- Maintain and mature a best-in-class cyber security operations center capability
- Ideally a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and/or work experience.
- Ideally 10+ years of progressively responsible work experience in security engineering, threat management and incident response
- Project & Program management experience
- Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams and ability to make decisions in fast-paced environments.
- Excellent operational management and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Experience developing and monitoring performance metrics.
- Current information security certification, such as a GIAC, CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.