Mercer Health & Benefits team is seeking a Health Actuary Consultant in the Pacific Northwest.
Health Actuary Consultant
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- Responsible for managing client projects that focus on employers' health benefits strategies, including financial projections, carrier selection, plan design optimization, employee contribution setting, IBNP valuations, benchmarking, well-being initiatives and renewal negotiations
- Create deliverables and provide direction to analysts and associates, while serving as one of the primary financial client contacts
- Present deliverables to clients in partnership with senior members of the client teams
We will count on you to do:
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Considerable opportunity to network with senior actuaries across the country
- Option to support intellectual capital or business development across the market
- Support for progression towards actuarial designations including paid study time, reimbursement for materials/exam fees and bonus/salary increase with exam passes
- Opportunity to participate in various business resource groups like Rising Professional Network, Women at Mercer, PRIDE our LBGTQ+ group among others
What you need to have:
- Develop underwriting and actuarial skills and work on health care plan design, cost factors, and the renewal process as well as industry products, services, and tools, including Mercer Health products, the vendor/insurance carrier market, and budget setting, rate setting, and evaluation
- Develop customized pricing and valuation models
- Price medical, prescription drug, dental and vision plan designs using proprietary Mercer tools
- Develop employee contribution strategies to meet employer cost objectives
- Analyze vendor renewals and plan experience and estimate future plan costs
- Consistently progress towards actuarial designation
What makes you stand out:
- BA/BS degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, finance, economics or related field required
- 3-5 years' experience working in an actuarial field
- Demonstrated ability to pass Society of Actuaries credentialing exams
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- ASA credential
- Consulting experience preferred
- Excellent project management and multitasking skills
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.