Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
Maintain shop supplies, shop and tools. Read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, prints and schematics. Maintain and repair heavy equipment, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical machinery and systems.
This position is not located in The Woodlands.
At Granite we have people development at heart - when you grow as a person, we develop as a company.
From complex infrastructure to minor construction, Granite Construction offers a unique set of opportunities to gain experience and build your career. As one of the largest diversified construction companies in the nation, you will have the opportunity to learn and work with some of the best experts in the field.
Why Choose Granite?
Granite's Benefits and Well-Being program consistently ranks at near the top level for all companies in our industry (and outside out industry as well). Here are a few of the benefits we offer to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K Program with Employer Match up to 6%
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Optional Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Optional Allstate Benefits Voluntary Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
Build your career with Granite Construction Company!Essential Job Accountabilities
- Must provide own hand tools
- Maintain shop supplies, shop, and tools
- Read, understand, and apply information from technical manuals, prints and schematics
- Maintain and repair heavy equipment, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical machinery, and systems
- Requires specialized knowledge attained through experience and education
- Responsible for individual productivity and quality of work
- Maintain truck and work area, keeping both clean
- Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of related experience, proficiency with tools and techniques
Physically, workers must be able to:
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies
- Ability to lift heavy machinery
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Knowledge of DOT requirements
- Good working knowledge of CAT, ID and Volvo off road construction equipment
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Understanding of basic safety practices
- Stand or walk for long periods
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
- Frequently lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects and carry tools and equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction)
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.