Come join our awesome team as a housekeeper at Countryside Retirement Community!
Countryside Retirement Community is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Housekeeper job highlights:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
You will make a difference by providing companionship and much needed human interaction for our residents. The Residents will look forward to you cleaning their apartments/rooms and will be so happy to have a visitor to interact with.
- Cleaning of all areas within the facility ultimately creating a clean and comfortable environment.
- Monitors and follows reporting procedures for areas in need of maintenance.
- Be a friendly face, in this time of need, for our residents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a Healthcare /Senior Living environment that is taking precautions for COVID-19.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing.
- Previous institutional housekeeping/cleaning experience preferred.
Countryside Retirement Community is a safe, carefree senior living neighborhood that offers personalized services and care delivered by Sleepy Eye Home Health. We are located in Sleepy Eye, MN, just a few steps away from Sleepy Eye Care Center! Our specially trained staff are the heart of our community, as they navigate their work days with utmost confidence, compassion, and care. Their dedication to caring for our senior population is inspiring, and we offer them a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan so they feel secure in their work/life balance.
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Join us, and apply today!
we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.