Division of Student Life (DSL) Human Resources is currently seeking an HR Associate to join our growing team. The HR Associate will provide human resources (HR) support to DSL staff, and have oversight of key HR functions such as transaction processes, I-9 completion, timekeeping and monitoring training/compliance of staff. This position will serve as a member of the DSL HR Transaction Hub, which includes monitoring and serving as a subject matter expert on HR Info System transactions, as well as assisting with creation and analysis of HR reports and data gathering. This HR Associate position will maintain a focus on excellent customer service, collaboration, and strong attention to detail throughout the execution of these important HR duties.
This position is eligible for a combination of on-campus and remote work. Remote work must be performed at a location within the state of Iowa and comply with the remote work program and related policies.
For a detailed job description, please email Melanie Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Division of Student Life:
The Division of Student Life is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 15 departments that span from Recreation Services to the Office of Leadership, Service and Civic Engagement and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. One of our division priorities is to advance UI's goals to recruit and retain U.S. racial/ethnic minority (URM) staff and students.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Communications, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related human resources experience.
- Administrative office experience (typically 6 months or more) specifically working with data entry, data management, transaction systems, and/or closely related.
- Commitment to and alignment with the values of the Division of Student Life, including a demonstrated active commitment to leading and guiding others in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and to meet or exceed customer service needs.
- Basic proficiency in the use of typical office software programs (i.e. Microsoft Office), and HR systems.
- Working experience with HR Information Systems (including data entry and/or running reports and queries), and/or timekeeping systems.
- Working knowledge of UI policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting human resources practices.
- In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions or additional information, please contact email@example.com.
- Classification Title: HR Associate
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: Hybrid within Iowa
This job has expired.
- Organization: Student Life
- Contact Name: Melanie Bell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org