Working independently, the Human Resources Director, Technology ensures maximum effectiveness of the sales force by developing and implementing training programs, maintaining policy compliance, and ensuring the development of a strong culture through fair and equitable handling of employee issues. This person will manage a team of 1-2, which provide support for the design, implementation, communication and administration of all company Human Resources initiatives. In addition, this position will direct and oversee the investigation and resolution of Technology organization employee relations matters and ensure compliance with all labor and employment guidelines in an effort to limit GameStop's legal liability. Human Resources Director relies on extensive experience and strong organizational skills to plan and accomplish goals and objectives. Associate will interact with his or her supervisor as needed by either. Most activities are completed without a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Model the behaviors expected of all GameStop associates including a drive for results with a clear bias for action; high levels of maturity and professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a high service orientation; and clear commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, and integrity
* Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Model team commitment by meeting deadlines; and by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible
* Drive outstanding business results through traditional management functions including sourcing and selecting talent, coaching and development, workforce and project scheduling, performance assessment, and general talent planning
* Provide guidance and assist Technology organization t with employee relations matters, including the approval of associate terminations or recommendations for appropriate coaching actions
* Ensure that the Technology organization remain in compliance with all federal, state and municipal employment laws, reporting requirements, and all GameStop HR-related policies and procedures
* Provide feedback and recommendations to the senior HR management team for the development and execution of strategic HR initiatives
* Proactively identify potential region and district hiring needs on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
* Collaborate with internal and external business partners to develop specific strategies to support hiring needs
* In conjunction with SSC training and OD group, coordinate proactive training sessions in the field for multi-unit managers and store managers on interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety, sexual harassment, and other key areas as identified by leadership
* Assist SSC HR and/or legal teams in preparing responses to EEOC/DOL charges, GameStop CARES inquiries, and litigation proceedings.
* Conduct timely investigations related to all areas of HR (discrimination, harassment, wage and hour issues, etc.)
* Ensure compliance with annual performance review process to guarantee effectiveness and equity * Ensure that stores are in compliance with all HR-related company guidelines and policies, and with all state, federal regulations through random HR audits
* Partner with loss prevention, as necessary, for associated investigations
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
5-8 years of related human resource experience required - experience in a multi-unit retail environment preferred
Bachelor's degree required in a related, accredited field of study, including human resources, operations leadership, organizational development, adult training and education, or other business discipline
Up to 10% domestic travel required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
Expert conflict prevention and resolution skills
Expert interviewing skills, including the ability to objectively and accurately gather facts in emotionally-charged situations
Proficient negotiation skills
Proficient understanding of GameStop's business objectives and related strategies
Proficient knowledge of GameStop policies and U.S. labor laws
Proficient knowledge of adult development, learning, and performance improvement principles
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, diverse work environment
Proficient organizational and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and overlapping deadlines
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Overall employment of retail sales workers is projected to show little or no change from 2019 to 2029. Competition from online sales will lead to employment declines in brick-and-mortar retail stores.
According to BLS, the median hourly wage for parts salespersons was $15.61 in May 2020.
The median hourly wage for retail salespersons was $13.02 in May 2020.