At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Do you have a history of exerting influence to create positive change, have the ability to wear multiple hats, and enjoy drawing on different facets of your knowledge and skills? If so, Materion Corporation would like to discuss our Human Resource Generalist opportunity with you!
In this role, you will:
- Deliver high impact HR processes, including employee relations, hourly staffing, new hire onboarding, employee performance management and regulatory compliance
- Support HR programs and services that enable the business to achieve growth and performance goals
- Work with supervisors and managers for day-to-day HR related matters
- Provide support and advice on progressive discipline to ensure adherence to company policies and regulations
- Build positive relationships across all levels in a high tech manufacturing facility
- Assure legal and regulatory compliance. Keep abreast of employment law changes and trends that impact the business
- Participate in HR continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Human Resource Specialist or Generalist role within a manufacturing setting
- Strong employee relations skills
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines. Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Flexible and able to pivot priorities in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficient computer skills including Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Able to travel and open to relocation for future career opportunities
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction.