A Cooling CE is responsible for installation, commissioning, scheduled and emergency service on Liebert Air products. The Cooling CE is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate. The Cooling CE is also required to maintain continuous communication with Area/District Offices, and direct manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Rely on direction to accomplish goals
- Render on site and phone assistance to customers.
- Communicate with National Technical Support on equipment issues
- Perform work related tasks according to company guidelines for scheduled maintenance
- Implement Field Change Notices according to published guidelines
- Keep current on Safety Bulletins, Safety Field Change Notices, Field Change Notices, and Service Tips
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines
- Must wear appropriate PPE as per company guidelines and accordance with job duties
- Adhere to work hours policy guidelines - "14 hours rule"
- Report all work related accidents or injuries within 24 hours to the appropriate personnel.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines
- Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, ticket closure, forms et al.
- Maintain individual inventory in accordance with company policy
- Maintain company property according to company policies
- Vehicle, credit cards, PPE, test equipment, laptop, pager, et al.
- Provide proper and adequate communication to internal and external customers
- Provide estimated time of arrival to the customer for where applicable
- Complete scheduled maintenance documentation properly and provide to the customer and local office upon completion of each designated assignment
- Strive to provide all customers a "first time fix" for their equipment
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
- Attend Customer Meetings as required
- Maximize productivity by combining service opportunities
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
- Capable of making technical and commercial decisions under pressure
- Properly evaluate site and equipment for appropriate billing status
- Maintain productive utilization rate according to company guidelines
- Perform inventory cycle counts according to company guidelines
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations
- Meet or exceed on-site response time requirements for each customer
- Understand and comply with company startup/escalation processes and procedures ▪ Maintain proper and adequate level of internal communications
- Managers, co-workers, Support Services, electronic communications, et al.
- Perform several work-related tasks
- Capable of working under direct supervision or independently based upon training
- Maintain certifications per Job requirements
Strong skill sets
- Required experience (one or more of the following) o HVAC - 2-year degree
- Six years military experience in a related field
- Equivalent industry experience with EPA refrigerant license
- Interpersonal Skills Professional
- Team Player
- Familiarity with electrical / electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Working knowledge of OHM's law and HVAC theory
- Technical skills o Ability to make basic site evaluation skills to include: environmental temperature, and general operating conditions
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Safety procedures
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Travel is required
- Flexible schedules (weekends, evenings, and holidays)
- Valid driver's license
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds.
The successful candidate will reflect and embrace Vertiv's Values and Behaviors: OUR VALUES Acting Like an Owner
Assuming Positive intent in all employee interactions
Being passionate about your work
Challenging yourself in personal development
Being tireless in exceeding customer expectations
Assisting others to be successful as a team
Owning our own mistakes quickly
Talking with people and NOT about them
Creating a culture where people can be their best
Be self-aware and learn
Embrace the customer experience
Think and act broadly
Drive change and innovation
Leverage diversity for organization effectiveness
Foster collaborative relationships
Take intelligent risks
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.