The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
With minimal or no supervision, this position repairs, maintains and installs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, including but not limited to: boilers, pumps, fans, compressors, cooling towers, chillers, air compressors, pneumatic and electrical controls and heat exchangers. This position will service the Main Campus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs daily rounds to check equipment in various mechanical rooms throughout campus to include, but not limited to: 1) checks and maintains alignment of motors with pumps, compressors and V-belt drive equipment, 2) checks and maintains operation of electric controls and starters, 3) logs equipment temperatures, pressures and amperage draw, 4) monitors all water columns, gauges, meters, thermometers and other indicating equipment, and 5) performs chemical analysis and adds chemicals to equipment as needed.
- Diagnoses repair needs on all heating and cooling equipment and performs full corrective actions.
- Performs seasonal changeover of heating and cooling systems as well as seasonal shutdown and start-up of various systems.
- Cleans waterside equipment, cooling towers, condenser tubes and pump strainers.
- Able to operate steam and hot water boilers, auxiliary equipment, transmission and distribution systems.
- Reads and sketches control diagrams and schematics.
- Works with high temperature solders, brazing methods, oxyacetylene and electric arc welding.
- Keeps records and prepares analytical reports.
- Completes work orders distributed by the foremen on a daily basis and tracks time and material for each work order.
- Regulates and adjusts operating controls.
- Responds to call outs for all shops and takes appropriate action.
- This position will be part of an on-call rotation.
- Must have adequate computer skills to monitor building automation system and to respond to alarms generated by the software.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor, co-workers and other staff and faculty within the community.
- Detailed procedures.
- Daily priorities are established by the employee.
- Employee responds to situations requiring immediate attention.
- Expert skills.
- Competency in electrical fields/functions.
- Ability to read and understand service manuals technical specifications, control diagrams, schematics and blueprints.
- Computer skills necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations and able to take appropriate safety precautions.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot control circuits with and without printed schematics, using a multi- meter.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Journeyman skill level and minimum of five years experience in HVAC field.
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certificate.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Drivers License and be insurable under University guidelines.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations and be able to effectively communicate regulations to others.
- Pass a pre-employment physical exam, and lift 100 lbs.
- Stationary Engineer Certificate or Boiler Operator's Class A or B license.
- Supervisor Steamfitter Journeyman License or Heating and Ventilation Journeyman Class A or B Supervisor License.
- Refrigeration Journeyman Class A or B Supervisor License.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, March 25, 2021
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu
to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.Hourly Rate
The hourly rate for the position is $29.16.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status. Benefits
The University of Denver
offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver
.Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law. All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Screen.Advertised:
March 18, 2021 Applications close:
This job has expired.