At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Biologic Sales Specialist - Immunology in Allentown, PA, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- You will function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations. You will successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to your assigned sales territory.
- You will be able to work with your Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in your territory. You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- You will pro-actively identify business opportunities, present value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommend solutions to drive and develop business.
- You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines. Work with other Biologic Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts and partner very closely with other roles and areas such as, Field Reimbursement managers, Medical Science Liaisons, Thought Leader Liaisons, etc. to ensure seemly delivery of our specialty medicines to our customers.
- You will be expected to consistently challenge yourself to grow and develop, you will ask for feedback in an effort to raise awareness and gain insight into one's strengths and developmental needs. You will collaborate across functional areas to drive win/win outcomes that align to organizational objectives demonstrates AZ values, understands basic business principles and interprets resources available to make sound business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years of Pharmaceutical/ Biotech Sales experience with a track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments (mid to senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community)
- Proven demonstration of success working in complex cross functional teams
- Strong scientific acumen in a highly competitive environment
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Internal candidate must be at Career Level 3
- Demonstrated success and achievement in sales performance
- Immunology or Rheumatology or relevant Specialty Sales experience
- Experience launching new products
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical
- Understanding of the specialty pharmacy distribution model
- Understanding of the reimbursement and distribution challenges of a biologics product
- Demonstrated experience and mastery in delivering a total office call
- Demonstrated effective time management, organizational and communication skills to prioritize opportunities and execute flawlessly
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
No company relocation assistance provided.Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.