Linde Gas & Equipment, Inc. is seeking a Counter Sales Representative - Truck Driver to join our team located in The Counter Person - In Store Sales Representative - Truck Driver will be responsible for performing customer service activities within a retail store environment, selling product to walk-in customers, and proactively calling preferred and retail customers. The Counter Sales Representative - Truck Drivers product focus will be on gases, rentals, and welding equipment and supplies.
Our Counter Sales Representative - Truck Drivers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, compressed gas cylinders and associated products to customer locations. This position is physically active (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Counter Sales Representative - Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
- Performs customer service activities including receiving and entering of telephone orders, answering questions, resolving challenges and tracing of order status or product shipments
- Performs Counter Sales serving customers who come into the retail store
- Performs warehouse duties and moving cylinders for customers
- Works closely with and provides sales support to Outside Sales team
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate product, equipment, and/or programs
- Promotes 'add-on' sales of gases and high margin hard goods accessories
- Counter Person - In Store Sales Representative's conduct product demonstrations
- Maintains customer records and files, including accurate account setup and pricing
- Performs outbound calls to Retail and small 'B' customers
- Sells product at minimum discount to achieve target margins
- Occasional support of additional locations
- Provide a high standard of Customer Service while delivering, which includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point and reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the day, the remaining portion of the day includes delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Accurately counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up
- Complete Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and LINDE standards
- Conduct and report pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Identify need for vehicle repairs and/or maintenance and ensure it is accomplished on time
- Operate a variety of equipment
- Regularly interface with both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 1+ year(s) of Customer Service/Inside Sales/Counter Sales preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- No DUI/DWI or other alcohol (driving) related convictions within the last ten (10) years
- 2 years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Linde's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past 2 years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last 10 years
- A current medical examiner's certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A or B CDL is required
- Current Hazmat on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat within 60 days of hire
- Read and write in English
- 21 years or older
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.