For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: Longmont,CO,United States | , United States
Summary: Our Global Technology Services department is currently seeking an Incident Commander to join our team. Our Incident Command team is responsible for taking charge during all major outages across the enterprise. The Incident Manager owns identifying the problem, engaging the proper individuals to resolve the issue and provide communication to the business on actions being taken until the outage is mitigated. This is a fast-paced role that demands quick reaction and the ability to take charge.
Location: This role can be based in our Longmont, CO office or remote US.
Shifts: 6pm-6am Wed/Thur/Fri and every other Saturday or Sunday.
Responsibilities: We are looking for an individual that possesses the following attributes:
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to thrive in fluid, high pressure situations and use fundamental troubleshooting skills to resolve business critical issues.
- Ability to follow work direction when needed but also use experience to follow unconventional paths when solving issues.
- Strong leadership presence on a technical bridge call.
- Ability to work autonomously and complete tasks without follow-up.
- Continually identify opportunities for process improvements that provide additional business value.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate an aptitude appropriate for interaction with the highest levels of management.
- Knowledge of IT standards and best practices as related to incident management.
- Must be flexible to adjusting schedule to ensure proper staff coverage.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and/or applicable certifications or substitute equivalent military experience.
- 5+ years of related technical experience with a broad technical knowledge base.
- 5+ years of ITIL process experience.
- Experience managing multi-platform, client-impacting incidents.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- ITIL Foundation (v3 or v4) certified preferred.
- Prefer experience in an incident management role.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Enterprise Software and Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Excellent teamwork & collaboration skills.
- Will be required to be part of regular on-call rotation.
- Utilizes incident command/management principles to provide direction to cross functional teams during critical outages
- Provides notification and communication during events affecting production
- Documents incident activities and conducts post incident reviews with GTS leadership
- Keeps up today documentation on incident command processes and training
- Identify processes where improvements can be made
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of IT application and system concepts. Creatively resolves a wide range of problems from technical to operational.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Normally receives little instruction on work assignments. Works both independently and collaboratively within the development and business organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The salary for this position is $80,000-$95,000 for employees located in Colorado. Benefits
In addition to a compensation plan commensurate with this role, Intrado offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and flexible spending accounts Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT, or a related field required; however equivalent experience can be substituted for educational requirements
Experience and Technical Skills
• 3+ years of project management or a matrix-management preferably in a technical environment (i.e. application support, systems administration, network engineering or NOC)
• 1+ years of Incident Management/Command experience highly preferred
• Knowledge of Linux or Windows O/S, Telecommunications or Networking
• Hands on experience with collaboration tools such as ServiceNow, Everbridge, IUM, Webex Teams or similarABOUT US
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Our Company develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
The Company is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Our Company has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Our Company welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.ABOUT THE TEAM
Intrado's Traditional Conferencing division provides meeting, messaging and collaboration tools that allow businesses to unlock the creativity of their teams and fuel productivity as if everyone was in one room - even when team members are across the globe. These solutions allow talk, share and meet in real-time and enable businesses to reach any audience, anywhere at any time from one place.
Intrado also offers Cloud PBX systems for globally distributed corporations, Cloud Contact Centers to enable technical support and remote agents supporting businesses and Hosted MPLS Networks to increase business efficiency, execution and security.
With products and services ranging from audio / video conferencing services to meeting management tools, we also provide professional services to ensure support and training at each stage - from implementation of our tools and services throughout the customer lifecycle. Intrado is the #1 global conferencing partner, Cisco Meetings partner and a Microsoft Gold Collaboration Partner.
This job has expired.