PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide customer service as part of the intake team to our referral sources as they refer patients for services (registering, cross selling & pre-certifying) for home health, hospice, palliative care and personal care.
- Current RN or LPN in the state of Ohio.
- Understanding of concept of managed care and its impact on home care.
- Excellent phone etiquette required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Must be organized, flexible, able to prioritize tasks, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be committed to and have knowledge of the philosophy, mission, and goals of the agency and the standards and regulations governing it.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
- Knowledge of home care/hospice.
- Familiarity with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party payer's guidelines.
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement. JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Duty 1: Coordinates, triages, and processes all referral information and admission orders using current software applications and communicating to appropriate Manager/Team Assistant.
Duty 2: Able to communicate Home Health, Hospice, Palliative Care, and Personal Care services/Benefits and discuss payment options.
Duty 3: Provides onsite customer service to referral sources as requested.
Duty 4: Acts as a liaison between Bridge Home Health and Hospice, physicians, patients, referral sources, and insurance companies, governmental or private.
Duty 5: Collaborates with marketing team on maintaining positive relationships with referral sources.
Duty 6: Documentation is consistent with or exceeds Bridge Home Health and Hospice guidelines.
Duty 7: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 8: Complies with organization policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and Medicare/Medicaid compliance.
This job has expired.