BlueCrest is a global, innovative leader in enterprise print, mail and customer communications. Our products include printers, inserters, sorters and parcel solutions-and a renewed commitment to innovative software and vote-by-mail solutions. We are proud to be an industry and market leader in the mail space.
Although our manufacturing headquarters is based in Danbury, Connecticut, we are a global company with clients and team members in over 18 countries worldwide, including an expansive field service team comprised of over eight-hundred specialized field service technicians.
- This job operates in a customer's production floor environment and employer's manufacturing floor. This role routinely uses computers, phones, and hand and electronic tools
- Perform integration of electrical and controls devices and equipment produced for parcel sorting and automation solutions, working with the installation team. Typically, work with the customer for training and equipment familiarization.
- Work closely with VP-Engineering to drive the design and implementation of complex automation and vision-based automation systems.
- Some programming of automation systems/subsystems, including conveyors, diverts, merges, robotics.
- Understanding of computer and controls-driven systems a must.
- Assist with the development and complete documentation of system architectures.
- Specify/work with Mechanical and Electrical Design Leads to specify: COTS equipment, COTS sub-systems, commercial product modifications and fabricated material to meet system performance requirements.
- Develop and test system firmware and/or software.
- Support aspects of engineering Field Engineering in the implementation of production and R&D projects.
- Support aspects of R&D engineering and manufacturing in the design and implementation of prototypes and R&D projects.
- Develop and implement system test plans and monitor and document the performance of systems.
AS or BS technical or related degree. Will consider a combination of education and advanced experience.
A minimum of seven (5) years of related electrical or project engineering experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of PLC's, VFD's, Motor Circuits, Ethernet, Servo position and motion control, background in automated electrical hardware/software design, etc.
This job has expired.