Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson's Internship Program provides students the opportunity to apply university learnings to assignments and projects impacting business and operational performance. Over the course of the summer, our interns get to know Nordson through exposure to our business leaders and operational excellence program, and by participating in activities that give back to our local communities.
Our summer Intern session runs from May to August of 2021.
The HR Services Intern is part of the HR Services Americas team, providing first line support to employees, managers and other customers, answering/processing day to day HR related inquiries and transactions received through various channels (including telephone, email and webchat) with a strong focus on excellent customer service.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Work with HR Operations Team members, managers and employees to answer a variety of inquiries and questions from employees and managers
- Document inquiries and solutions in the appropriate case management system and ensure correct data entries in the human capital management system
- Assist the HR Operations Team with the employee data administration
- Ensure the confidentiality of cases and personnel files and the integrity of HRIS data.
- Ensure consistency in the delivery of information and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations (EEO, INS, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, including Affirmative Action, etc.) including Federal and State employment laws and internal processes.
- Proactively identify and recommend improvements on processes, procedures and system functionality as part of efforts on Continuous Improvement.
- Support different continuous improvement initiatives and actively participate in projects to implement and improve process, Desktop Procedures and handling
- Assist with writing, updating and translating Knowledgebase content and Desktop Procedures
- Actively involved in different Audits to ensure process and legal compliance
- Carry out other duties as assigned by management.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Working on a degree in any field, Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy
- Strong detail orientation, with focus on data quality
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
- Ability to interpret policies and information, find solutions and advise customers based on established policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish optional
- Productive work habits to deliver results.
- High level of integrity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal checks, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.