Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Inventory Coordinator performs general inventory duties for the facilities. The Inventory Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a high level of inventory organization, accuracy and integrity within the facilities. The Inventory Coordinator manages inventory through database and maintain levels required on a daily basis to meet distribution demands. Activities include:
• Monitoring and controlling inventory processes, documentation and procedures per policies established by Supply Chain & Operations Director
• Maintaining product identification and organization of inventory goods in warehouses
• Researching and resolving inventory discrepancies
• Execution of period physical inventories/cycle counts/inventory audits /reconciliations including out of state inventory reports per direction and guidance of Supply Chain & Operations Director.
• Resolving inventory problems in a timely manner
• Documenting and controlling aged & damaged product.
• Maintaining Inventory Accuracy Metrics and associated reports for management
• Receive goods physically and into company ERP system.
• Act as expeditor and move and stage goods to production areas for processing as required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Verify and/or receive into ESS approved software system
• Reconcile out of state inventory reports
• Cycle count per schedule
• Complete work orders into finished goods within ESS ERP system
• Resolve inventory discrepancies
• Execute stock transfer transactions between regional warehouse within ERP system
• Perform inventory adjustments, re-classifications, etc. in ERP system in accordance with company policy and ensuring appropriate authorization for inventory transactions
• Support execution of year-end and other physical inventory counts as directed during the year.
• Provide back up for transactional functions of other Supply Chain and Operations roles as requested.
• Train others as required.
• Other duties as directed
Material and Equipment Used
• Personal protective equipment
• ERP/MRP system
• General office equipment including: phone, computer, copier, electronic and physical filing systems
• Forklift, pallet jack and hand truck a plus
• Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
• Pushing and Pulling:
• Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
• Typical warehouse environment with occasional time in office areas requiring long periods of time standing or sitting dependent upon duties being performed.
• Varying degree of exposure to fumes, odors, dusts and gas in facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma
General mathematical abilities and/or post high school classes in mathematics preferred
1-2 years' experience in a data entry or inventory control position.
• General data entry
• Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Work with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail
• Previous exposure to accounting/business system/ERP systems a plus
• Forklift certification a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Posted about 5 hours ago