This is an exciting opportunity to work with Global Quality teams to shape the future of quality management at Otsuka. This customer facing role involves business analysis, project management, demand management, vendor management, service management, developing roadmaps, establishing best practices and assessing new technologies.
The IT Business Partner will collaborate with IT and Business teams at all levels to identify, assess, and drive recommendations for the adoption of technology solutions that achieve business operational outcomes and strategic goals. The Senior Manager will coordinate across various shared services groups within IT and other functions to successfully analyze, align, integrate, document, and enable new capabilities for Otsuka and our affiliates.
Core Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Business Analyst: Lead the requirement gathering effort, analyze business needs, perform gap analysis, decompose abstract and complex details/concepts into business and functional requirements, develop business cases with defined solution recommendations and vendor evaluations, evaluate and qualify opportunities, and define measurable business outcomes. Identify opportunities for business process and technology improvements, provide key insight toward development of multi-year strategic roadmaps, partner with development teams to execute projects.
Subject Matter Expert: Serve as a SME for assigned area, understand business needs, maintain awareness of industry trends, and provide recommendations to facilitate decision making.
Support of IT Business Information Manager (BIM): Assist IT BIM with various tasks to include but not limited to building and maintaining the project area portfolio, assessing leading quality platforms to determine which would best meet business needs, and leading and managing demand management, estimation/ prioritization. Participate in the development of annual budgets and periodic forecasts, including managing the IT budget for assigned projects and related technology platforms. Lead technology governance processes and coordinate closely with the IT Portfolio and Project Management Office to drive initiatives.
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of Life Sciences experience required, with 5+ years in supporting a global Quality function in IT customer facing capacity.
- Insights and knowledge of leading technology trends and best practices which are improving the processes and strategic decision making on early development investigational products.
- Broad R&D business and IT capability awareness with hands on experience using or implementing Trackwise (QMS), Compliancewire (LMS), Valgenesis (VLMS) and Firstdoc / Veeva (EDMS) or equivalent technologies.
- Experience working with globally distributed business and IT teams, especially in Japan, Europe, and India.
- Superior business analyst skills including process design, documentation, problem solving, and presentation skills with the ability to influence, drive action with all levels including senior leadership with demonstrated executive presence.
- Organizational change management, issues & conflict management, business-technology innovation, and transformation experience.
- Up to 20% travel is required, based upon business needs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or an advanced degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- Advanced degrees in the relevant discipline is desirable.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Equal Opportunity Employer
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.