The Novelis North American Information Technology team is looking for an IT Business Relationship Manager, located in Atlanta, GA. This position acts as a liaison between other business units and IT in the organization. As departments increasingly rely on technology, our departments often find they need to establish stronger communication between IT and outside business units.
The BRM integrates knowledge of a variety of disciplines to balance multiple priorities and projects across work streams, drives process improvements within a region or service line, and manages and prioritizes of work for a work team, project team and/or vendor. The BRM should display a broad knowledge of other IT disciplines and maintain awareness of the latest technologies relevant to operations, mainly internal to Novelis.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make breath through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events. We also work with non-profit partners, local schools towards making communities safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsQualifications:
- Lead as the strategic interface between the BRM's function and business partner to stimulate, surface, and shape business demand and ensure that the potential business value from those assets and capabilities is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized.
- Establish and earn value-adding, strategic partner relationship maturity for yourself in the role of a BRM and for the entire function.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business partner's business unit and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
- Ensure business value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value.
- Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication. This includes building road maps, managing escalation, and avoiding risk.
- Partner with the project/program/portfolio management organization (PMO) to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio.
- Be creative and innovative with regards to your knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances for new opportunities and business needs.
- At a business unit-level, own the BRM's functional operating and project/program budget, and perform accurate budgeting and forecasting across operations and projects or programs.
- MBA or related qualification
- Graduate degree or progressive educational certificate
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) preferred
- Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®) preferred
- 10+ years of functional experience in the business function
- 5+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes at executive levels
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Leading by example, mentoring, and inspiring others in the BRM team and all around you
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience
Novelis' Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis' North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis' corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.