Looking for a way to make an impact and help people?
Join PacificSource and help our members access quality, affordable care!
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and fostering a workplace in which individual differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
Position Overview: The Facets Technical Services (FTS) IT Manager's role is to plan, coordinate, and manage both operational and project activities related to PacificSource's core business platforms and processes. The role involves analysis, design, development / integration, and implementation of information systems, software applications, and databases. The FTS IT Manager is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide a team of IT professionals focused on a combination of support and new build related to mission-critical information and software systems.
Specific Responsibilities for IT Manager: The manager of the Facets Technical Services team oversees development and administration of business systems related to claims processing, job scheduling/management, operational data exchanges, enrollment, and health data interoperability. This position requires partnering with key vendors to ensure that systems are well supported and remain aligned with industry trends.
- Monitor, maintain, and continually improve the performance, availability, and scalability of assigned systems, platforms, and code.
- Manage the development / integration and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Develop an overall strategy, roadmap, and architecture for areas of responsibility. Collaborate with other IT Managers to ensure cohesive enterprise architecture is achieved.
- Lead efforts to apply technology to solve complex business problems including understanding of company strategy to developing business requirements to successful implementation of solutions.
- Manage and provide direction for the team in support of business operations.
- Review and analyze existing applications' effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems proactively to improve business processes and decision-making capability.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of emerging and new business requirements.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Oversee the management, development, implementation, and communication of department programs.
- Hire, develop, coach, and evaluate employees. Provide feedback, including regular one-on-ones and performance evaluations, for direct reports.
- Develop annual department budgets. Monitor spending versus the planned budgeted throughout the year and take corrective action where needed.
- Coordinate business activities by maintaining collaborative partnerships with key departments and external partners. Manage regular Business Reviews with key external partners.
- Support process improvements. Utilize lean methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Actively participate as a key team member in Manager/Supervisor meetings.
- Actively participate in various strategic and internal committees in order to disseminate information within the organization and represent company philosophy.
SUCCESS PROFILEWork Experience:
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Five (5) years direct experience in software development and systems management. Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions from business requirements to implemented solutions in a large team. Demonstrated ability to understand and contribute to business strategies, processes, and operations. Previous insurance industry experience a plus.Education, Certificates, Licenses:
Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science, and/or 10 plus years equivalent work experience.Knowledge:
Strong knowledge of IT-business operations, preferably in a healthcare related context. Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies. Experience with both batch/set-based, and real-time technologies. Familiarity with common integration patterns. Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as Azure and AWS. Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc. Knowledge of database design and reporting. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Strong customer-service orientation. Highly self-motivated and directed. Keen attention to detail.Competencies
- Building Trust
- Building a Successful Team
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Decision Making
- Facilitating Change
- Leveraging Diversity
- Driving for Results
Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 5% of the time.Our Values
We live and breathe our values. In fact, our culture is driven by these seven core values which guide us in how we do business:
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for customer service.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internally and externally.
- We actively work to advance social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, the healthcare system and community.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.Disclaimer:
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.