Job ID: 217213
Location: CHANTILLY , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-13
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a JIRA Development Agile SME to fill a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing all the capabilities of the Atlassian/JIRA system to setup, maintaining, and evolving an Agile work environment for the Landmark AOS Program. This role focuses on facilitating the appropriate use of JIRA and Confluence across the organization, assisting teams in standing up their environments, steering agile coaches and team members on JIRA execution and adjudicating changes to the JIRA environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop web pages, to be used as the first element of the tools portfolio in the Agile Center of Excellence
- Configure JIRA for lean-Agile teams to include customizable workflows, team performance reports, integration with development and CI tools.
- Guide scheduling and implementation, managing project timelines, Scrum/Kanban boards and sprints, ensuring all projects are executed as planned.
- Lead/manage all capabilities of the JIRA system (including add-ons, plug-ins, screens, workflows, schemas, troubleshooting, fields, permissions and notifications)
- Coordinate and assign multiple requests from various stakeholders
- Implement cross-functional department workflows to maintain the highest level of quality
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines
- Construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Train and coach staff to include SAIC, Government, and other Contractors on JIRA and navigating projects in the space
- Serve as SAIC champion for application of JIRA in Customer environment and craft, steer and shape cross-organization enablers
You will work side-by-side with the other 200 LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Engineers to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications. This position offers growth opportunities not only within the LANDMARK AOS program, but within SAIC.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes and managing complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels where flexibility, collaboration and adaptability are key.
- Expert in the JIRA application including portfolio and other JIRA add-ons
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience as a JIRA administrator
- Excellent interpersonal and consensus-building skills
- Ability to analyze, review and document functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
- Commitment to continuous learning and knowledge acquisition as it relates to new technologies and techniques
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.