Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you passionate about helping others to meet their educational goals on the road to turning their life around and want to feel good about what you do on a daily basis; then we need you! We are looking for dedicated Employment Counselors to join our growing team. As a Employment Counselor you will function as a job developer, utilizing your effective communication and networking skills, conducting individual educational assessments and creating treatment plans for each referred participant. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will work as part of a team, striving to achieve your personal best by helping others, this may be the right opportunity for you.
As an Employment Counselor, you will be responsible for utilizing computer labs and standard educational classes to provide instruction, resources and referrals for educational advancement.
Additional responsibilities of the Employment Counselor include:
- Assessing parolee participants to determine employment, training and CTE needs
- Providing employment services including resume writing, mock interviews, time management, how to get along with others in a work environment and how to follow instructions
- Assisting participants in locating and securing employment or CTE training
- Documenting participants’ progress in Company database
- Establishing and overseeing computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education
- Providing participants with referrals services for undergraduate and graduate studies
- Facilitating psycho-educational/behavior modification groups on a weekly basis; documenting clients progress in Company database
- Managing small caseload of Reentry participants; conducting risk/need assessments and creating individual treatment plans for each assigned participant; providing case management services as required
As an Employment Counselor you should have basic knowledge of the expungement process, the benefits of completing the process and the ability to provide information or a referral on how to expunge a criminal record or obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from a granting institution accredited by the WASC or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Job Developer or similar position; or shall possess a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and a minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Job Developer or similar position.
- Knowledge of current management techniques
- Familiar with the correctional system and current correctional policies
- Ability to conduct individual counseling sessions and facilitate small groups, and interface with outside agencies Ability to write clear concise reports in English using correct grammar
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
As an Employment Counselor with The GEO Group, Inc., you will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term Life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Employment Counselor – Job Developer/Coach/Advocate
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.