Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Junior to Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer needed to join our Houston, TX team. The successful candidate will provide geotechnical engineering and task management/coordination, and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's public and private sector clients.
- Provide technical support in geotechnical projects including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation, design and construction and geotechnical analysis.
- Complete geotechnical analyses including slope stability and settlement analysis under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers
- Complete geotechnical investigations including test pitting drilling, and cone penetrations tests
- Complete soil laboratory testing
- Undertake analysis and design tasks, summarize, review and interpret laboratory data; Prepare and write proposals and technical reports; and, Manage project scope, schedule and budgets.
- Will provide geotechnical engineering and task management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's Project Managers
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Geotechnical engineering analyses of slope stability, seepage analysis and LRFD foundation design
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Participate in proposal efforts
- Post-graduate degree in a geo-engineering discipline such as Civil Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- 3 - 6 years + relevant professional geotechnical engineering experience
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience with various geotechnical software such as SlopeW, Settle 3D, Plaxis Soilvision, etc.;
- Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Earth dams and levees
- Drilling, field investigations and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites, primarily in Texas
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.