Key Account Manager - Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Key Account Manager position.
- Define, develop and implement the business strategy for the key account
- Increase volume and profitability for assigned key account(s)
- Deliver on the short- and long-term objectives
- Deliver sales according to budget
- Provide accurate sales forecasts
- Identify business growth opportunities
- Accountable for on time collection of receivables
- Direct contact with customers in the field, representing Nouryon in a professional manner
- Create strategy and develop, manage and ensure realization of sales for the assigned key account(s)
- Fully understand the key account's current and future needs and act upon the customer's strategy and tactics
- Create and own the Customer Value Proposition at the key account
- Keep an overall perspective of interactions and communications between the key account and Nouryon
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities for the BU at the key account
- Develop strong relationship with key players at the customer and create multi-level connections with the customer organization
- Create a strong network within the BU and Nouryon with regards to this key account
- Lead the sales team throughout the matrix organization
- Serve as a lead contracts negotiator on commercial terms
- Manage global contracts, confidentiality and joint development agreements
- Keep management informed of all key activities at the key account through effective internal communication
- Provide insights regarding quantative and qualitative developments by periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses
- Monitor and control Accounts Receivables to reduce OWC in line with agreed targets
- Monitor payment behavior. In consultation with credit control, select customers for dunning and contact customers about payments.
- Monitor the handling of complaints from key accounts customers
- Annual turnover: USD ...., Annual Contribution Margin USD .... mln
This job has expired.
- BSC in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in a technology and manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of commercial working experience in a Sales environment, preferably in (commodity) chemicals
- Highly effective negotiation and communication skills, team player and a self-starter