KPBS Account Executive
Req No: 2023-15147
Type: Full-Time Contract
Salary: $3,616.60/mo plus commission
KPBS serves the greater San Diego community with informative, cultural, entertaining and educational television, radio, and web programming. KPBS TV/FM is the public television and radio station for San Diego. Licensed to San Diego State University, KPBS supports and furthers the university's educational and community service mission by informing, enlightening and empowering its audience. It does so not only by presenting national and locally produced programming of value to its San Diego audience, but also by producing programming about San Diego and its people for distribution nationwide.
The KPBS Corporate Development Department is responsible for securing support from corporations, foundations, individual businesses and government agencies. That support is recognized in the form of advertisements, underwriting, sponsorships or credits in our local, regional and national television and radio programming. The Corporate Development Department is also responsible for generating revenue through support of the KPBS.org website and various KPBS events. The department consists of one Manager, currently five account executives, three support personnel and one student assistant.
Perks you'll enjoy as a member of #teamKPBS
- Working on a college campus & in public media (access to campus facilities and staff discounts, farmer's market Tuesday's, tons of eateries, community events, entertainment)
- Hybrid schedule, remote work flexibility & casual work attire
- Paid time off on your birthday (can take on any day)
- 10 vacation days and 13 holidays off (enjoy 4+ days off over winter break)
- Enjoy a 'beautiful day in the neighborhood' with local employee discounts
- Opportunity drawings to attend SDSU basketball games, local concerts, and events
- Free wellness classes & programs
- Monthly pop-up events for staff & KPBS swag
- Full benefits packages that are unmatched (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Sick leave accruals and paid leave options
- On-site childcare at a discounted rate
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development
- Flexible spending account(s)
- Employee assistance program
- Matching and voluntary retirement savings plan
Salary is $3,616.60/mo plus commission
The following information is intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities. Job descriptions may be changed at any time based on the needs of the department.