Lab Assistant (Specimen Technician II) - Tampa,FL - Sunday - Thursday
$1500 sign on bonus (External Applicants)
This position in Specimen Processing is responsible for knowing all of the functions of the SPT I, plus additional functions. This individual will have completed the necessary training consistent with local business unit practices for Specimen Processing and shows proficiency in the following areas: Test ordering policy, specimen requirements related to test ordering. Additionally, must meet accuracy and production standards, and must meet all the job accountabilities and job requirements/environment indicated in the SPTI job description. This position is involved in more complex processing which could include but not limited to A Station, Frozen, CPU (incl. hospital), and Micro.
- Demonstrates proficiency in responsibilities of the SPT I
- Meets/exceeds productivity and quality standards
- Solves more complex problems on a routine basis
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of how Specimen Processing impacts the testing laboratory
- Identifies problems and in some cases, may resolve issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and received
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned time frame
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 3 months
- Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics, Inc. policies and procedures, including safety and compliance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Internal candidates must have a minimum of 9 months experience and be meeting all performance standards in the SPT I role Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred
- Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6,000 alphanumeric keystrokes/hour
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment
- Communicates effectively with all levels of internal and external staff
- Maintains composure while working under pressure
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and is able to adapt to change
High School Diploma or Equivalent