SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Lab Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all pre-work and preparation required prior to testing of materials received is completed in a smooth and timely manner. They will ensure all compliance-driven documentation is present and available to the analytical job. This position plays a crucial role in ensuring testing preparedness for the laboratory and maintains control of the complex documentation and laboratory systems required to support the daily operation of the laboratory.
- Supports laboratory operation through creation and maintenance of systems to control areas such as 1) sample log-in, billing, and subcontracting 2) organization of department records to conform to regulatory compliance needs, 3) controlled substances, and 4) lab testing preparedness
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the analytical laboratory
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the analytical laboratory
- Play a lead role in the review and approval process for appropriate department SOPs, worksheets, and forms
- Ensure that all reasonable requests from the laboratory pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner
- Provide departmental staff with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding log-in, reporting, and billing activities
- Work closely with log-in to ensure correct and timely disposition of arriving samples
- Ensure that all reasonable requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are communicated to the lab in a timely manner so that they can be met in a timely and effective manner
- Communicate directly with clients as needed to clarify/understand testing requirements
- Work with the lab to ensure all needed supplies, reagents, standards, etc are ordered on or (when possible) before sample receipt so that testing can be conducted in a timely manner
- Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing (or any of SGS's other services) are met in a timely and effective manner
- Work with the lab to ensure that routine testing submitted by clients can be completed within established parameters governing turnaround time, quality specifications, etc.
This job has expired.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate's degree in Chemistry or a related science field preferred
- 2+ years of lab experience or equivalent administrative experience in a science field preferred
- Knowledge of basic analytical chemistry principles