Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Become your most extraordinary self! Our team is intensely proud to be a major provider of services and products to the drug discovery research industry. Join Eurofins Panlabs, Inc.part of the Eurofins Discovery ™ group of companies serving global clients in the Pharma and Biotech industries. Work alongside industry experts and collaborate with team members to directly and positively impact human health worldwide!
We have a philosophy to support work life balance, career progression opportunities and offer many benefits such as formal mentoring programs, tuition reimbursement, extensive career training programs, competitive health benefits, paid time off and 10 annual paid holidays.
Eurofins Panlabs is committed to assisting clients achieve drug discovery success by providing comprehensive data. We are the most experienced pharmacology service company, in continuous operation for over 40 years, while setting the benchmarks for quality, convenience, and expertise. Our legacy includes: concurrent controls run with every experiment, a historical database on assay performance, industry experienced professionals that assist in study design and data interpretation, and eCTD compatible data reports
The Lab Supervisor is responsible for ensuring services are delivered to clients on time, provide technical and quality oversight of lab operations, and directly manage lab team members. The role requires technical expertise in a wide range of cell-based and analytical methods, leadership traits, managerial aptitude, and extensive laboratory experience.
Ensure business continuity through supervision of laboratory department resources and activities
This is a direct hands-on assignment, and this position will directly support lab work alongside direct reports to ensure compliance and safety
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Forecast and plan laboratory services for delivery within organizational process, client contracts and budget
- Support laboratory personnel and supports management in human resources functions, day-to-day scheduling, training, and development, performance appraisals, competency testing, counseling, and discipline
- Establish, implement and monitor compliance of laboratory procedures and policies
- Collect and analyze metrics to support departmental goals and ensure conformance and continuous improvement
- Responsible for Laboratory Document Control, including SOPs, batch records and client deliverables and responsible for record retention compliance
- Supervise operations training, compliance and reporting for Environmental Health and Safety
- Responsible for management of department equipment assets, ensuring routine maintenance, annual qualification and life cycle management.
- Review and direct departmental expenses and support rebilling and financial audit obligations
- Oversee laboratory supply chain, purchase of inventory, storage and supplies usage.
- Maintains cell culture BSL2 laboratory and adheres to cleanroom guidelines and aseptic technique according to protocol
- Develops client and scientific relationships, and provides guidance and oversight in project planning, execution, reporting, and interpretation
- Supports Client Services team, Study/Technical Director in proposal scope of work preparation and supports product/catalog management team in operations cost models
- Conducts responsible use of confidential IT and business systems, as required
- Maintains accurate data management and reporting, with the highest integrity, including quality control review of data for client reports
- Leads efforts in capital equipment evaluation, validation, acquisition, implementation, and performance monitoring
- Leads team in support of site research and development objectives
- Works effectively in a team environment, under minimum direction, to achieve business production, while adhering to project timelines and quality objectives
- Adjusts work hours and provides cross-functional support to other departments, as required, and maintains accountability in delivering to client needs/timelines
- Supports unit goals and demonstrates Eurofins' competencies, as defined in the job plan
- Lab Supervisor may fulfill the role of Study Director, Group Leader and Principal Scientist
- Conducts supervisory responsibilities with efficiency, respect, and empathy, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Experience with leading cross-functional teams effectively and with minimal oversight
- Process excellence experience
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead laboratory operations with minimal supervision
- Direct experience with Liquid Chromatography- Mass Spectrometry and/or ultraviolet spectrometry (LC-MS or LC-UV) in a contract research organization or industry laboratory for ADME/ DMPK applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in High-Throughput analytical method development for small molecules
- Direct experience with High Resolution Mass Spectrometry for large molecule analysis for ADME/DMPK/Biotherapeutics applications
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Metabolomics in regards to pharmaceutical drug metabolism
- Experience with leading scientific teams in a laboratory environment
- B.A. or B.S. with 6 years relevant experience
- M.A. or M.S. with 4 years relevant experience
- Ph.D. with 2 years relevant experience
- Proven experience in lab operations leadership
- Experience with project and client leadership in contract services
- Experience in leading lab troubleshooting and continuous improvement projects
- Proven experience with portfolio expansion/method development in an industry setting
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer, indefinitely, without sponsorship.
- For all Eurofins Discovery Services Businesses in US; Successful applicants will be required to confirm positive COVID-19 vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays