Company DescriptionPrepares (i.e. homogenize, subsample, extract, digest) samples according to SGS' analytical SOPs using instrumentation specific to the department and analytical methodologies.Works independently and as part of a team to meet daily production targets and ensures hold times and turnaround times are met.Understands and applies basic analytical chemistry principles. Makes standards and reagents as required and documents work appropriately. Uses and updates LIMS to track and manage workload.Follows safe practices and maintains a safe working environment.Works with the Department Supervisor to manage work load.Applies technical judgment to determine potential problems for samples.Updates and loads work into LIMS. Uses LIMS for appropriate background information.Appropriately documents procedures followed using sample logs and work books.Uses technical judgment to determine the appropriate analytical approach for various sample matrices.Appropriately uses lab applications. Tracks instrument quality control.Appropriately follows safety, operational integrity and quality control requirements for the work that is done. Qualifications
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
$1000 sign-on bonus available!
Our Dayton, NJlaboratory is looking for a Laboratory Technician -Extractions to join the team! The Laboratory Technician, Extractions prepares samples for analysis with accuracy and precision in accordance to SGS' analytical SOPs. This position works independently and as part of a team to meet daily production targets and ensure hold times and turnaround times are met. The Laboratory Technician, Extractions understands and applies basic analytical chemistry principles. This individual always follows safe laboratory practices and maintains a safe working environment.
The Laboratory Technician, Extractions:
- A degree or diploma in a science field with relevant lab classes or equivalent experience would be considered an asset
- Manual dexterity required. Must be able to perform some repetitive tasks with accuracy and precision
- Must be able to perform basic analytical procedures that are both accurate and precise
- Must have the ability to read and follow documented procedures, SOPs, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions
- Some analytical thinking and problem-solving skills are a requirement of this position. Must have some understanding of process and workflow
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with LIMS an asset
- Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances and shows respect towards others and towards company principles
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines) and arrange the resources necessary to accomplish them
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks for sustained periods of time.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position ormoving object horizontally from position to position.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
This job has expired.
- Multiple shifts available
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Longer hours, evenings and/or weekend work will be necessary frequentlyas job duties demand