Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
The Laboratory Technician I receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Laboratory Supervisor or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Reads, understands and follows management system requirements as relevant to responsibilities, including but not limited to requirements found in the Quality Manual, SOPs, Local Work Instructions and Methods which in turn ensures compliance with ISO/IEC 17025/AOAC ALACC requirements and relevant government regulatory.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Registration of incoming samples (as needed), maintaining a neat and accurate record system of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Enter the sample data into Eurofins eLIMS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete laboratory testing on all incoming samples in an accurate, efficient and timely manner; ensure sample turnaround time goals are met or exceeded.
- Verify results and submit results to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
- Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes "intra" and "inter" departmental employees.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Continually strive to improve the quality of work we provide to our clients through existing and new technologies
- Identify non-conformances and out-of-specifications
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
HS Diploma Required; AS or BS Degree in Microbiology, Food Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or a related fieldpreferred but not necessary
- Encouraged to apply if applicant has previous food service experience or any factory work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is Full-Time, Tuesday - Saturday 10:00am - 6:30 pm
withadditional hours, as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance toTucker, GA
are encourage to apply. Shift differential will be added to base salary.
What we Offer:
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Compensation Range: $15.00 - $16.50 / hourly
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays