Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
The Laborer is responsible for safely supporting concrete crews with preparing and maintaining construction projects at demolition, building, highway, and heavy construction sites.
This position is not located in The Woodlands.
At Granite we have people development at heart - when you grow as a person, we develop as a company.
From complex infrastructure to minor construction, Granite Construction offers a unique set of opportunities to gain experience and build your career. As one of the largest diversified construction companies in the nation, you will have the opportunity to learn and work with some of the best experts in the field.
Why Choose Granite?
Granite's Benefits and Well-Being program consistently ranks at near the top level for all companies in our industry (and outside out industry as well). Here are a few of the benefit we offer to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K Program with Employer Match up to 6%
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Optional Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Optional Allstate Benefits Voluntary Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
Build your career with Granite Construction Company!Essential Job Accountabilities
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line
- Bolts, nails, a-lines, and blocks up under forms
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alinement, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications, using pick and shovel.
- Mixes, concrete, using portable mixer
- Smooths and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete, using float, trowel, or screed
- Positions. joins, a-lines, and seals pipe sections.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces
- Performs variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools, such as sawing lumber, dismantling forms, and removing projects from concrete
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have construction experience / heavy construction preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience require
Workers should be able to:
- Follow specific directions
- Perform a variety of duties which may often change
- Work within standards of accuracy
- Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure
- Evaluate information using measurable standards
- Work Safely by Choice
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
Physically, workers must be able to:
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Stand or walk for long periods
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
- Frequently lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects and carry tools and equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction)
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.