Cirium, a LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company
We are an aviation, air travel data and analytics company, and our mission is to help the movement of people and goods around the world. We keep the world in motion!
Cirium is looking for a LeadCloud Architect - REMOTE to join our SRE, Architecture & Security team, to deliver strategic change and accelerate our teams through common infrastructure, tools, solutions, patterns & practices that can be shared across all our engineering teams.
This is an opportunity to craft the future of an exciting, growing business with cutting edge technology and techniques. We have multiple cloud and virtualised environments inherited from a number of company acquisitions and we're looking for a talented Architect to create a vision and direct our teams towards a future state. In this role you will be part of Cirium's architecture team, collaboratively leading the business towards a unified technology vision to enable our continuing evolution.
Qualities we're looking for in a successful candidate.
- The energy and positive outlook to make vision become reality in a complex business.
- A passion for a culture of collaborative working, diversity and inclusion.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with engineering and business stakeholders to create and direct our Infrastructure vision and strategy.
- Ability to create and own the roadmap to lead change toward infrastructure strategy.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills and a bias towards action balanced with strategic intent.
- Ability to collaborate closely with our Security Manager, to translate policy and best practice into secure design from the ground up.
- Provide expertise to ensure that our products and systems are performant and highly available. Factor observability, reliability and redundancy into the design of critical products and systems in collaboration with Cirium SREs.
- Actively contribute to the Architecture & SRE communities of practice in our parent organisation.
- Mentor & encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements and innovation.
- Provide design and problem-solving leadership to engineers and business stakeholders. Steer teams towards well architected solutions.
- Identify opportunities to reduce technology costs and increase business efficiency.
- Monitor industry trends and develop POCs to evaluate alternative technologies and solutions.
- Experience of working in an Architecture role, preferably with focus on Enterprise Infrastructure / Cloud Architecture.
- You will have demonstrated leading strategic change towards a vision with a positive outcome.
- 10+ years experience in technology related roles, with solid technical experience and subject matter expertise across a number of areas, including Cloud Infrastructure best practices, networking, containerisation, operational observability, infrastructure as code, CI/CD.
- Strong working knowledge across a broad set of AWS technologies and related security principles.
Our team delivers industry insights, built from decades of experience in the sector, enabling travel companies, aircraft manufacturers, airports, airlines, and financial institutions, among others, to make logical and informed decisions that shape the future of travel, growing revenues, and enhancing customer experiences.
We are a global company with 12 offices around the world and approximately 500 people in our team. Over 20 languages are spoken here, and our leaders may have grey or sometimes purple hair. Whatever your background you are welcome to join us, and we value diversity highly.
A few extra facts:
- Cirium is part of RELX PLC, a FTSE 100 global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers with over 30,000 employees, 8,000 of which are technologists.
- We partner with the industries core associations such as the International Airline Trade Association (IATA).
- One of our offices is on the runway at Heathrow, and another has its own bar, The Spruce Goose.
- We have great benefits (including two days of charitable activity per year).
- Cirium and RELX are founding members of the Tech Talent Charter, committed to increasing the ratio of women and under-represented groups working in technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.