GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Lead Cook, $21.00+/hour
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekers of beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that the ancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well known for its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We work together every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and team members alike!
The Big Sur Lodge has both Seasonal and Year-round openings! Pay is $21.00- 25.00/hour.
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of the property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park, you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Candidates must have a food safety management certification, a positive attitude, proficient knife skills, organization, leadership, and a strong work ethic.
Apply today to join our All-star team!JOB SUMMARY
The Lead Cook is responsible for leading employees with the preparation and distribution of food service to guests and other events as well as ensuring food preparation meets the established sanitation standards and food production guidelines.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Instructs and leads kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Monitor and Assess performance of employees to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree or several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Food Safety certified- monitors sanitation practices to ensure all employees follow standards and regulations.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Prior experience in a lead or supervisory capacity required.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Proper usage and handling of carious kitchen machinery to include slicers, ovens, stove, grinders, mixers and other kitchen related equipment.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing, walking and climbing stairs with food items and dishes.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.