Your new company
Our client is an international leader in design build projects providing technical and construction management services in addition to the design and delivery of projects across the globe. Due to the growth of their Manhattan operation, there is a need to bring on a Senior Estimator / Pre-Construction Manager into their Manhattan office that will be able to hit the ground running. This individual will play a key part in shaping the department as they continue to grow the New York office, which currently stands at 44.
Your new role
In this role on a day to day basis your responsibilities will include the following:
What you'll need to succeed
- Analyzing and interpreting architectural plans
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers, and subs
- Providing detailed proposals and accurate bid packages
- Attending meetings with vendors, clients and architects.
- Capable of performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Ability to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches/schematics.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Ability to negotiate throughout the bidding process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Team player with a positive attitude who can also work independently, is self-motivated and success driven, yet able and willing to take direction.
We are looking for a seasoned Estimator with an understanding of construction industry practices, processes and standards. We are especially interested in hearing from applicants with experience of working on interior projects, with at least 8+ years' experience within construction. A college degree in construction, engineering or architecture is highly desirable.What you'll get in return
Fast track growth with a global company and huge growth potential. Competitive base salary and great benefits with the option to travel internationally with the business. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click "apply now" to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, or call Callum Hewitt on the details provided. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your next move. #1125199
This job has expired.