An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
Assist in directing the day-to-day aspects of the Grind area while participating in the production of quality parts as needed to maximize safety, productivity and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train and direct the work of department employees in their responsibilities and safe working procedures
- Promote adherence to the production schedule
- Support Company policies and procedures
- Monitor quality and notify the Production Supervisor of quality concerns
- Inspect for proper placements of welds
- Grind and finish units including chipping, tacking, preparing, cleaning
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform accurate and timely Oracle transactions
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments as needed
- Report shortages, poor quality, supply needs, equipment breakdowns, safety hazards, incidents and performance issues to the supervisor
- Operate forklift, hoist and pallet jack
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Grinding experience including working knowledge of tools and equipment used in the department
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Solid organizational and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate in English (read, write, speak and understand), including giving clear work direction to team members
- Read prints/work instructions
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficient computer skills including Oracle and email
- Lift up to 30 lbs up to 60% of shift and 50 lbs less than 30% of shift; push/pull up to 30 lbs
- Walk, stand, bend, squat, kneel, twist/turn, overhead reaching, ladder/stair climbing and grasp tools as necessary.
- Operate hand tools, forklift, hoist and pallet jack
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Life Fitness and Workday Privacy Policies