Be part of a groundbreaking company.
DraftKings is growing quickly and is looking for a Lead Software Engineer for the Payment Systems team in the Financial Platform Division. You'll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams working with a passionate group of engineers to build best-in-class, industry-leading deposit experiences for DraftKings users! You will also be a creative contributor to the entire Agile development lifecycle, from design and implementation to testing and monitoring. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Lead Software Engineer:
What skills you will use:
- Develop systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate user group every day.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the mission of our platform.
- Foster a culture that promotes clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment's notice.
Who are we a good fit for?
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- You have experience as the 'expert' on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
- Expertise with either React.JS, Angular, or TypeScript is a plus.
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.