Location: VCA Magnolia by the Gulf Animal Hospital
19930 Oak Rd W, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
VCA Magnolia by the Gulf Animal Hospital is seeking a full time Licensed Veterinary Technician Supervisor to join the wonderful team at our 5-doctor practice in beautiful Gulf Shores, AL!
We have been serving the Gulf Shores community for over 25 years. We believe in providing personalized care to every patient we strive to merge the art of caring with the science of veterinary medicine.
Our tight knit snowbird community is a great place to call home- We have beaches, trails, great restaurants, and more, including nearby Gulf State Park and Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo.
Why Join the VCA Family?
We are supportive of our technicians and are committed to your personal career development. We create and support an inclusive work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve.
Some of the many benefits of joining VCA are:
Why We Want You:
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- Leadership and advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Employer-paid short term disability insurance and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation and sick time
- CE allowance for full time credentialed technicians
- Tuition support and scholarships for veterinary technology and more
- Vet Tech license reimbursement
- Free wellness and self-care resources
- Generous hospital discounts and product discounts
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
The Veterinary Technician Supervisor role will allow you to take the skills and experience you've gained over the years in this profession and put them to great use in our hospital.
This is a working supervisory position responsible for the leadership and development of the patient care team. In addition to utilizing the veterinary technical skills that come with providing excellent patient and client care, supervisory duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Team training, development and support
- Implementing department policies and procedure
- Scheduling staff and conducting team meetings
- Accurately handling and recording controlled drugs
- Record keeping
- Facility maintenance
In this role, you will be committed to maintaining a healthy work environment where all employees are elevated, empowered and enjoy what we do! Desired Qualifications:
- Veterinary Technician license preferred
- One or more years of Leadership/Management experience as a Veterinary Technician
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter with a professional and positive attitude
- Enjoys mentoring and training others
- Flexibility with work schedule
- Willing to enhance technical skills
- Ability to thrive in a steady and often fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Proven ability to keep accurate patient records
- Strong ability to problem-solve
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
This job has expired.