Supply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence providing industry-leading service while delivering differential value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics, customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for business processes and systems.
As a member of our dynamic Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in the accurate and timely processing of transportation invoices while maintaining effective business controls. In this role, you will support the purchase to pay process by researching, validating and resolving complex invoices received from logistics vendors. During a typical day, you will work closely with the Logistics Commercial group by managing the contract rate databases and vendor payment performance.
This position reports to the Buyer Manager* and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as the main point of contact for all purchases and payments of logistics services on a site or regional basis.
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors, clearly understand vendor and system requirements.
- Effectively deliver and facilitate communication across customer fulfillment, logistics, and accounts payable to validate services provided by transportation vendors and assure accurate and timely processing of transportation invoices. Proactively provide solutions to time-sensitive needs.
- Manage contract data to ensure effective rating and routing of shipments.
- Assure contract data accuracy to provide correct rating and routing of shipments. Monitor metrics and lead efforts to enhance operational excellence.
- Facilitate the resolution of declined, disputed, and exception invoices.
- Manage claims process with vendors to ensure all valid overpayments are refunded in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with corporate purchasing policies in all transactions.
- Demonstrate independent knowledge of the Enterprise system (SAP), extended system tools, and assist stakeholders/vendors with full utilization of these tools.
- Operate with a solution-oriented mindset with regard to process improvements; Assist with change implementation for extended system improvements or other Purchase to Pay projects.
- Partner with peers to provide solutions, guidance to resolve customer or business related problems.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate will have 3 years' relevant, industry-related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred. Will consider candidates with a High School Diploma that have at least 8 years' relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Bilingual (Spanish required)
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to maintain professionalism and prioritize responsibilities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Composed in time-sensitive situations, comfortable delivering difficult news.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with extended tools.
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing data.
- Experience with ERP software such as SAP is strongly desired.
- Experience with Logistics software such as Bourque Logistics is desired.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company's products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.