Location: Farmington, CT
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Judge Healthcare is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Farmington, CT area!
Location: Farmington, CT
Type of Engagement: Contract
Rate: Competitive and Dependent on Experience
- Support the care team and its patients by providing and documenting nursing care following established standards and practices.
- Provide patient care and education and assist in locating and coordinating services from other providers and resources.
- Serve as liaison between patients, staff and providers.
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Demonstrate respect for patients and staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording(as applicable):
- Patient vitals
- Current medications
- Chief complaint and history
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR
- Provide and document patient care such as giving injections and performing preventive screenings
- Educate patients regarding their illness or injury and provide instruction regarding self-management of their condition
- Carry out standing orders (i.e., authorizing prescription refills and ordering tests) consistent with policies and procedures
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients. Assist patients with identifying suitable outside resources for disease management and other services; refer patients when appropriate
- As appropriate, conduct outreach to patients in need of appointments or other services, to communicate test results and other information, and to follow up after appointments to be sure patients are following their plan of care
- Monitor task list in order to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders and monitor status of critical referrals
- Order supplies and vaccines and maintain appropriate records. Prepare and maintain equipment including sterilization
- Conduct orientation of clinical support staff and provide training/coaching for staff related to clinical issues
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and policies.
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Professional education, completion of the licensed practical nursing educational program
- Active unrestricted LPN licensure in CT or eligible
- Computer knowledge and aptitude
- Experience working on an electronic health record
- Prior experience in internal medicine, family medicine
- 2 years of post-licensure nursing experience
Monday-Friday 7:15 am-4:15pm
Please send your resume to DDeMarco2@judge.com or call 610-617-7445 for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from and working with you.
The Judge GroupContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.