The Machine Operator position is responsible for the set up and operation of machinery and equipment used manufacturing high quality products by monitoring, recording, and making adjustments to machine as needed to meet customer requirements.
The Machine Operator must be able to operator and troubleshoot machine operation and inspect finished product to ensure production quality and perform light maintenance on machine as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the setup, starting, and operation of the machine in a safe manner according to and including lockout/tagout procedures.
- Responsible for the set up and adjustments and use of necessary additional equipment and tools required to operate machine for specified products.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements, recognizing types of material for specific products and ensuring proper monitoring and recording are performed.
- Inspects for manufacturing flaws and defects.
- Cleans and performs light maintenance (oiling, greasing, etc.) as required.
- Keeps machine running in a consistent manner to ensure productivity demands are met and maintained.
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description, and
- Supervisor's instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
- Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and Human Resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best of own ability.
Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as shop orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Driver's License Other:
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical and environmental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. VISION DEMANDS
Ability to see close (20 inches or less), distance (20 feet or more), color (identify and distinguish), peripheral (up/down and left/right with eyes fixed on given point), depth (distances and spatial relationships), and adjust Focus (adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). NOISE DEMANDS
Loud Noise (metal can manufacture, large earth-moving equipment)
This job has expired.