Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 6416
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This role will be responsible for working as part of the machine shop team. This role will run CNC machinery and will be responsible to ensure equipment/machines are operating properly.
• Programming and running conversational CNC lathes and mill (proto trak controls)
• Responsible for ensuring the smooth and continuous operation of equipment/machines, set-up, repair, adjustments and maintenance
• Sets up and operates a variety of machines, mounts holding fixtures and cutters
• Measures work carefully by using precision tools such as a micrometer and indicators
• Fabricate replacement and new parts for facility machinery
Education / Experience Requirements
• Minimum of High School diploma or GED required
• Continued vocational/technical training preferred
• Knowledge of tools, materials, methods, and standard practices of the machinist's trade
• Minimum 2 years machinist experience required
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting
• Must know how to read blue prints and hold precision tolerance's building tooling and machine parts
• Knowledge with general tool room equipment, lathes, surface grinding, mills hones, saws, plunge style edm, heat treat ovens, hydraulic presses, drill presses, pedistol grinders, and belt sanders
• Ability to stay organized and problem solve
• Good communication and team work skills
• Ability to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
• Ability to use hand tools and power tools to complete repairs or replacements of defective parts
• Must be able to work weekends and overtime as needed based on rotating on-call schedule
• Must be able to lift up to 25lbs on a regular basis; Up to 50 lbs on occasion
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Exposure to high production/output machinery and equipment, and constant noise in the production/plant environment
• Fine motor skills required
• Must be able to avoid potentially moving objects which could cause injury
• Must be able to grasp and move objects consistently and regularly
• Must be able to reach, grasp, pull, and push consistently
• Sight: vision must be strong enough to allow employees to safely and accurately complete intricate work with or without corrective lenses
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.