Job ID: 448841
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Helper for second shift
Starting wage is $22 - $24 per hour, plus $2/hr additional premium for second shift premium. Second shift hours are typically Monday through Friday, 2:00 pm to 12:30 am.
Oldcastle BE offers Medical, Dental, Vision & Rx after 60 days of employment (1st of following month), 401K with company match up to 5% after 90 days (1st of following month).
The Maintenance Helper role in our Denver location isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Assists MAINTENANCE in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, and plumbing and electrical systems of manufacturing plant, using hand tools and power tools: Dismantles machines or equipment, replaces defective parts and motors, and adjusts feed mechanisms. As well as organizing and maintaining storeroom inventory as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Move motors, pumps, welding equipment, etc. from one place/location to another to maintain and repair production equipment throughout the plant.
• Ability to work with the team to ensure timely repair of equipment is essential.
• Clean and lubricate machine parts.
• Replace or repair machine belts.
• Remove dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines.
• Paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
• Cut out and join parts for worktables, shelves and other furnishings, using power tools and hand tools.
• Clear clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
• May operate welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
• Good organizational skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• Some welding and pipefitting experience helpful
• Able to manage flexible work schedule when necessary, including working different shifts and weekends
• Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures
• Shop power tools and welding equipment
• Hand-held tools
• Tape measure, nails guns, saw and glue guns
• Ability to bend/twist, kneel/crawl, climb ladders/scaffolding, stoop/squat, and use of hips/knees/ankles Ability to carry, reach, stand, and walk, and use of wrist/hands/fingers/shoulders/elbows
• Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs
• Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
• The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Only online applications will be accepted
• When applying, please provide full employment history
• Pre-employment background screening and drug testing will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has partnered with DailyPay to offer you the ability to access your earnings before your next paycheck based on current hours worked. You can transfer your earnings instantly for $2.99 per transaction or next-day for $1.99. Certain terms and conditions apply.
What OBE Offers You
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago