Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel.
At our St. Clair plant in Eaton, Ohio, we're at the leading edge of technology for the automotive and industrial markets. Our focus is on creating products that go into the cars we drive every day, including value-added, precision steel components for transmissions, engines and steering systems. And our process lines demonstrate how lean thinking optimizes value to the customer and to TimkenSteel.
Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures and pipe and electrical systems for the St. Clair Plant, and provides mechanical and/or electrical expertise to the St. Clair Plant located in Eaton, Ohio to improve reliability of equipment within the facility.
Level of position hired will be determined based on relevant experience. Afternoon (2ND) & Midnight (3RD) shift positions available.
Benefits include but are not limited to the following:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following :
- Climate controlled environment
- Health coverage (medical, dental, vision) available on first day of employment; no waiting period
- $5000 first year bonus plus continued bonus opportunity
- Three (3) weeks of paid vacation
- 10 company holidays, 1 floating holiday and 1 personal day
- Monthly Incentive - Pay for Performance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Responsible for high level equipment troubleshooting and repairs (eg: PLC program modifications, unit repairs on hydraulic pumps, etc.).
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement project implementations.
- Ensuring appropriate part and tool inventory in stock by providing requirements to purchasing or ordering replacement and spare parts via plant purchasing system
- Provide training to Maintenance Tech I employees.
- Flexible to work any shift assignment and overtime as needed, including being on call.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root cause of machine breakdowns or out of control situations.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts; performs major and minor repairs.
- Installs and repairs electrical equipment, such as transformers and wiring and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of plant.
- Sets up and operates machine tools (lathes, grinders, mills, drill presses, etc.) to repair and/or fabricate parts, jigs, fixtures, and tools.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance.
- High School Diploma w/ 7 years' OR Associate Degree w/ 4 years' experience in electrical, technical, mechanical maintenance.
- High School Diploma w/ 9 years' OR Associate Degree w/ 6 years' experience in electrical, technical, mechanical maintenance.
- Expertise in Robotics and PLC's
- Preferred technology would be Siemens, Allen Bradley and Fanuc.
- Experience troubleshooting and working on Murata and Okuma turning centers
- Expertise in heavy mechanical equipment repairs, specifically changing of ball screws, spindles and slides in Turning Centers
- Ability to perform electrical troubleshooting on aforementioned equipment as well as other low to medium voltage equipment.
- Preferred - troubleshooting Edmunds auto gauges, Renishaw equators, Eddy Currents
- Activities such as walking, stooping, climbing, kneeling, bending.
- Significant time on production floor and significant time on feet and walking.
- Significant uses of hands; sometimes in confined spaces.
- Occasional lifting; typically, less than 50 lbs.
- Hearing of conversational level.
- Must be able to be qualified to operate powered industrial equipment.
- Color vision.
Relocation is not offered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Dayton Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.