Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for Maintenance Technician who will join our Chester, SC facility.
- Starting pay rate is $20.70+/hr based on experience
- 1st shift is from 6:00AM-2:30PM
- Must have industrial electrical working knowledge.
The Maintenance Technician
will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical failures, performing preventive maintenance and inspection on production machines and equipment according to a scheduled system and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.What you'll do in this role:
The perfect person will have:
- Working with flywheel, pneumatic systems and hydraulic presses or assembly equipment, troubleshoots production machinery and equipment for electrical and mechanical malfunctions. Assists in the teardown and rebuild of an injection-molding machine.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance tasks and periodic inspections on production machinery and equipment. Lubricates and cleans parts. Adjusts devices positions and controls.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements. Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections. Troubleshoots mechanical failures. Repairs or places defective parts. Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Installs parts into devices. Starts devices to determine their performance.
- Maintains spare parts inventory. Orders parts. Computer work as workload dictates.
- Keeps an accurate record of work performed.
- Performs other routine duties as necessary.
- Keeps work areas clear and free of debris.
- Adheres to safety rules and ergonomic practices.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3-5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have knowledge of injection molding equipment, flywheel and hydraulic presses or assembly equipment.
- Must have basic computer skills, hydraulics and pneumatics aptitude.
- Must read and interpret Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical schematics.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills, electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on as needed basis.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, stoop and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work the required shift.
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals.
- 13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law