Become a part of our diverse team
NPD is an inclusive and innovative work environment where you can learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's.
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known Beauty companies in the world. You're a natural leader and change maker who is ready to apply your insight and analytical skillsets to benefit our clients. You're excited to work in a dynamic, fast-growing and fast-paced organization, and you're extremely resourceful and creative when faced with new challenges. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business, this job is for you. You also have a passion for Beauty. You use the products, shop the stores, and stay up to date with trends on social.
Leveraging NPD's robust Analytics tools built on our industry leading data, this team member within the Analytics team is responsible for growing the relationships and revenue between NPD and the world's biggest Beauty manufacturers. You will be responsible for growing relationships with subscription clients, delivering the results of business need specific projects, and develop data driven approaches to solutions that address the challenges our Beauty clients face.
You will engage in all aspects of client support, including onboarding and nurturing client contacts at all levels, making analytical recommendations, and creating and delivering insightful presentations. The role requires skills which balance analytic savvy with strong interpersonal skills. You will also be responsible for collaborating with internal practice teams to identify and uncover insight needs within the client's business, create proposals, and provide recommendations on analytic approaches.
You will be uniquely impactful in the role by combining your passion for the industry with a willingness to dig into NPD's industry leading data assets to unlock, win, and deliver value to our clients.
This position can be in New York, the North East, or Chicago, or Eastern Canada.
- Build strategic relationships with client contacts to develop business insights regarding the clients' most important issues/needs, both short and long-term
- Be knowledgeable in NPD's Analytics Products and our clients' industries
- Proactively relate consumer insights to category/industry trends to identify and quantify client business opportunities
- Utilize analytic related software to accurately pull and analyze data
- Understand and communicate complex data in an easily digestible format
- Partner with cross-functional departments and teams within NPD to ensure success for the business, oversee, and progress engagements through successful completion.
- Thrive at taking direction and understanding the "Why" behind the task, then demonstrating personal thought leadership to deliver outcomes
- Expand the client base to include a broader mix of end users
- Demonstrate thought leadership and unique perspective that makes our clients confident in tackling their business challenges in partnership with NPD Analytics
- Potential to manage a direct report successfully, and develop talent of junior team members
- 7-10 years of experience within data analysis, research & insights, account management, or Beauty industry experience
- Demonstrate fearlessness and stability both internally and with clients in a quickly evolving environment
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities; curiosity, tenacity, and drive
- Ability to generate/support creative ideas and effectively sell those ideas
- Aptitude to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights from several data sources
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in-person, over the phone, and electronically
- Understanding of how sales and consumer data can be used to identify business building opportunities for clients
- Experience and practical application of integrating longitudinal panel data, or sales-based analytics is highly preferred
- Experience and passion for managing people and teams
- Experience in or the study of Marketing or Market Research, Insights, and Analytics is highly preferred
- Experience in, or passion for the Beauty Industry
- Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences
- Strong organizational and project management skills; great attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- BA/BS or equivalent. Market research, economics, statistics, or marketing background preferred.
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.Relationships
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the customer's organization.Discipline
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, L.P. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.